Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Endless Search

In this desert where it appears I must live I wander looking for something more.
Once I was wanted and loved.
I rejected that love for needless youthful desires.
I thought what I wanted was something more than what had been once offered to me.

I remember when we parted.
It was heart wrenching to me as I am sure it was to you.
You said "I hope you find what you are looking for"
In honesty I still haven't found that.

Now I wander the desert denying what we had together.
I know I cannot return.
For you I did once, and rejected you twice over.

Another I met in this dry place showed me love.
Then spit in my face.
And ran my good name into the dusty ground.

I have been unable to find love in this desolate place.
There is none to be seen.
I feel myself dieing.

I thought I found a source.
But they turned and ran from my face.
Please oh please tell me why did you lie to me?

Never mind.
Dehydration almost seems normal.
There is no end in sight for my search.

Perhaps my search had ended before it had begun
Though I would never admit that.


No comments:

Post a Comment