Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Savior

I do not for minute pretend to understand your reasons for saving my life.
I am vile and filthy.
I am in fact a murderer.

Oh wretched man that I am!
For I live and you die!
I saw you be beaten.
I saw you walk to your death willingly for me.
Your very blood as it fell to the ground was blood given to save my life.

I remember it like yesterday.
I stood before the world guilty for my crimes.
But you stood up as an innocent person.
You cried out.
"I will take his place!"

Why would you do such a thing?
Few men will give their life for a good person.
Yet none will give their life for an evil man.
Here I am living proof that someone will die to save a criminal.

I stare at your lifeless form.
I cannot fathom why you took my place.
The Judge slammed his hammer down and declared me innocent on account of your substitution.

I have nothing to do but to stare.
I have no place to go.
For the man who saved my life.is now dead.
I am without a clue as what I should do.

What is this phenomenon?
The sun is now rising over the hills.
I see a incredible sight.
It cannot be!

It is you rising from your place of death.
This is certianly a thing of my minds making.
I am certianly mad.

You cross the distance between us.
What would have me do savior of my life?
Your words are simple and sweet.
Thank you for now I know what I must do!

I will go to the ends of the earth proclaiming your selfless deed for me.
For what you did for me you did for all people.
For you died for this vile criminal... me.
Yet the best part is you live yet again.
Thank you my King.

No comments:

Post a Comment