Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lies of Freedom

What is this state of mind I am in?
I am really not ready to take on this world like I said
I am carefree, and lousy
What I want is to be my own person
Freedom is my goal and nothing more
Don’t hang on to me I don’t want to be tied down
I want what I want
Freedom yes that is all I want!

So what does that make me conceited?
If it does then that’s OK
I have nothing better to be
I have no desire to be broken again by this cruel world
There are so many faces in the crowd
And it seems they have all lied to me
Or maybe it is that I believe they will all lie to me eventually
I want my freedom not yours
By lying to me you claim a piece of freedom
I choose not to believe that lying is the way to my freedom
Honesty is my road
And freedom is my goal
Those whom choose to travel with me, the few and faithful
These will be the few that I will be tied down by
Maybe unless they lie as well

No comments:

Post a Comment