Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Old Friends

Many years ago; it seems, we began a journey together
There were no others there with us
We shared almost every moment together
The memories; O how precious they were to us

Then the unthinkable
Separation from the arms of love
We were forbade solace together
The heart waned for the fellowship

I know that I wondered through that wilderness searching for others who would be true
Never forgetting what we had once shared
Wondering if you felt the same

Seeing you in the crowd and you turning away from me
As did I for that was the law
We did all that which we were instructed

You were evil and vile
A scourge on this earth
But lying awake at night I knew deep within that I did not believe that
How could it be the ones that I had shared so much with?
Now were my worst enemies?

Then came the morning
As the sun rose over the mountains
My eyes were opened to the truth of the matters
I no longer was blind to the truth

This is a happy tale for now on this day we have returned to our special fellowship
Where love and friendship reigns
I pray we never lose these emotions that we share
Together once again because of our choice
No law will pull us apart again I hope
For we know what we had
And we know what we lost
Now we know what we have regained.

No comments:

Post a Comment